Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with lan

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with language
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 19:13:46 -0700

Hi Seth,

I looked briefly at your code and much of it re-implements functionality
already provided by org-mode using a slight variation of Org-mode
syntax.  While I fully understand that it is often easier to write your
own functions rather than look up and parse existing functions, I think
that your code will stand a much better chance of re-use if it is works
with existing org-mode syntax rather than against it.  A couple of
examples below [1].  It would probably be worthwhile to read the "Source
Code" section of the Org-mode manual at [2].

I look forward to understanding the concepts behind your example, but
the above issues make this difficult.

Best -- Eric

Seth Burleigh <address@hidden> writes:

> As an update, ive been working on something i call chunks.  Basically,
> they are blocks of code (i.e. emacs overlays) that are linked
> together.  So far, i have each ns of my clojure code in one source
> block which is then tangled to one file.  So, i would like to open the
> tangled file and then make changes, and finally 'push' those changes
> to the org file.
>
> Theres some bugs (pushing when mark is next to a parantheses), but i think
> it is going in the correct way to also include noweb tangling. In the
> attached code, you hit f8 in a source block to link the block to its file
> and then f8 if you want to unlink it, and you hit ctrl-alt-p to push changes
> from source file to org file.
>
> just execute lp.el in an ielm buffer. and try it out with the previous test
> org file that was attached.

Footnotes:
[1]  a couple of examples...

       #+results:silent
       #+noweb:yes

     should be

       #+Babel: :noweb yes :results silent

     also,

       #+srcname:add

     should be

       #+srcname: add

     once that syntax is fixed, then `org-babel-find-named-block' can be
     used instead of `find-chunk'.  Also, your `tangle-chunk' function
     duplicates the functionality of `org-babel-tangle'.

[2]  http://orgmode.org/manual/Working-With-Source-Code.html