RE: [Orgmode] Export issue of URL when the text begins with a date‏

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Export issue of URL when the text begins with a date‏
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:12:07 +0100

[...]

>> My understanding is that the bug resides in this very expression.
>
>Thanks for the investigation.  As it turned out the problem was not
>with the regular expression but with the order in which different
>pieces of Org mode markup were processed by `org-export-as-html'.
>First the exporter processed possible timestamps, (falsely) recognized
>the ISO date as part of an ISO timestamp, and replaced it with the
>timestamp span.  The replacement included the square brackets what
>destroyed the link markup.
>
>I've just checked in a patch to master that changes the order of
>processing links and timestamps: Now links are processed before
>timestamps what fixes this problem.
>
>Thanks for bringing this problem up again,
>
>Best,
>  -- David
>--

[...]

Thank-you David again for carrying out this correction. By the way, I
noticed in the source tree that has a test base, that there is some
testing sub-directory. I was expecting that there would be a list of

testNN.org
testNN.tex
testNN.html

etc...

so that to check that to carry out non regression tests from testNN.org
exported to reference testNN.tex and testNN.html.

It seems that such a non-regression test base and script do not
exist. However that would be good to have in order to check that any
correction does not break anything.

Is that something that is considered for future ?

  Vincent.