Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes view back

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes view back to 'day' [7.4 (release_7.4.80.g0e5e5)]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:43:23 +0100

On Jan 17, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:

On Mon, Jan 17 2011, Carsten Dominik wrote:

This should not be done with a key, but automatically in a clever way. It
used to work.

Well, it used to work very bad, that's why I rewrote that thing
initially. It was resetting too often to the default without any reason.

I am not sure if I understand this part of the issue.  The old
code was certainly bad in the sense that it changed custom variables.
However, it generally did not reset to a default value (in fact, the
default value was lost due to the explicit changes org org-agenda- ndays).

Otherwise, if would continue to use whatever value you set with your
latest view change and keep this until you change it again.

So what was your issue with this part?

So agenda-ndays you define the "clever way" to me? :-)

I guess I misformulated here.  In fact, the current code
does behave cleverly already.  You implementation does in
fact switch back to the default number of days whenever I
issue a new agenda command.  For example if I set
org-agenda-span to 3,` C-c a a' gives me three days.
Then I use a custom command which does the agenda with
2 days, and that sticks through `f' and `b' and `g'
commands, as it should.  But when I do `C-c a a' again,
I get back to the default span of 3 days.  I like that.
So there you have your command to go back to the default
span.

If you think we do need an extra command for this, you
could do that under the "v" dispatcher in the agenda.
Maybe "v SPACE"?

- Carsten