Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:35:51 -0500

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I don't have a strong opinion about this: splitting the FAQ into
>> org-faq-*.org comes to my mind, but it's a big task.  org-info-js,
>> while not optimal for *every* page on Worg, was doing a good job
>> on the FAQ.
>
> I'd lean towards keep the FAQ as one large flat html file to encourage
> text searching in the browser, although this may be personal preference.

I agree. I often navigate the online org monolithic manual using text
search. The TOC sidebar helps a great deal for navigating, and it's
nice to have anchor links to share a particular section with someone.

The case could be made that Google search makes flat/nested FAQs
fairly equal. That's why I'm in favor of Google site search instead of
the "s" searching currently available. That's how I navigate most
sites when looking for something in particular.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/