[Orgmode] [RFI] Minutes of talks

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] [RFI] Minutes of talks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:37:47 +0100

Hello,

For months, I now always take a PC with me when I go to any meeting, and write
everything in Emacs.

I typically write "everything" down, questions and answers.

Example:

* Alice

Our objectives are ...

* Collegue

We can show you our architecture. It indeed does this and this ...

* Me

What's your deadline?

I've already tested several alternative Org "styles", such as:

- Alice :: Our objectives are ...
- Collegue :: We can show you our architecture. It indeed does this and this
- Me :: What's your deadline?

But I did not find yet something nice enough when exported to LaTeX.

The first example is nice and easy to write, but its PDF output is a bit ugly,
having names of participants as level-1 headings.

The second one is not that easy to write (typing the terms when RET'ing), and
is a bit difficult to use when the ideas expressed by the person speaking have
to be broken into item lists -- not to speak about the problem when mixing
text and list items and back to text, all of that inside another item...

How do you write such minutes of a meeting?  Obviously, I'm talking here of
writing everything down: who did say what.

Would it be a summary of the meeting, then, there's is no such problem.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban