Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:58:36 -0600

Whoops -- skipped the list...

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Bill Moran <address@hidden> wrote:

 1. The title page does not have a title - just the date.
When I check the latex file created from the org file I
notice that a \maketitle command occurs outside a frame environment
- whereas in beamer I normally use \titlepage inside a frame
environment to create the titlepage.

That's interesting. You have a line like this?

#+TITLE: title_of_doc

Even if you don't, my compilations have always yielded a default title of the file name, I believe.

2. \alert command does not work - even with the additions to .emacs
suggested here:
(And there are no errors in running the .emacs file)
Always the @ symbol appears in the latex created from org as @.

This type of alert markup, indeed, does not work. This has been asked before (by me!). See this string: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg28842.html

I wonder whether there is some configuration I am missing.
Other aspects of the slides are normal - bullets and
frametitles specifically.

Would you attach your actual org file? This often helps better than describing. For example, you mention extracting verbatim examples, but without seeing the file or pasting it, I'm not sure what your header arguments look like, and this can affect things quite a bit.

Best regards,
John