Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:36:36 -0500

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
> alias emacs="emacsclient -t -a /usr/bin/emacs"

Matt,

Thanks for sharing this. My manual doesn't mention the -t flag. What
does it do? (I didn't know about -a, but it looks nifty)

> (As an aside, finger memory is truly remarkable. I imagine others have
> the same experience, but somehow the hands magically sort out the keys
> for each editor without my having to think about it.)

I wish I could say the same. It usually takes 15 keystrokes, a marred
buffer, and a restart of vim before my fingers figure out they aren't
in Kansas anymore...

PS - This thread prompted me to look into `ed`. Normally, I'd resist
learning yet-another-editor, but with such a short man page, who can
resist?

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/