Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:11:36 +0000

Bill Moran <address@hidden> writes:

> I have installed the latest (git) version of org-mode and have stripped out
> all
> customizations from  I think. I've copied Eric's two column example from here
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html
>
> with the headers given there. And I can't get either blocks or columns to
> work.
> There is no block or column command in the latex produced from the org
> file.

I have no idea what is going on but I can confirm that something is
missing.  If I start emacs with -Q, execute the following

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/org-mode/lisp")
(require 'org-install)
(require 'org-latex)
#+end_src

visit the small beamer test file I sent to the list earlier today and
export to latex, I get only the title page and the empty outline.
Nothing else.

If I start up with my full initialisation, everything works just fine.

I've gone through my initialisation by eye and cannot see anything that
would make a difference.  I will need to go through this more carefully
as I have many customisations, not only for org...

> I guess it's something to do with the value of the variable
>
> org-export-latex-classes

I don't think so.  Although I do customise mine, if I include this in
the above test (-Q start), it makes no difference.  I do not change the
"beamer" entry in any case.

I will play around later tonight and will get back to you then.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.231.ge879)