Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Importing plain text attachments into Org

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Importing plain text attachments into Org
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 05:15:54 -0500

> Students will email me their papers every week.  I have no desire to
> download, print, and read a bunch of .doc files by hand every week.

I don't have direct answers to your other questions, but have a look
at catdoc and antiword (I prefer the latter) for reading docs on the
command line. I spotted an interesting article on how to use emacs to
open doc files using antiword, but haven't tried it yet.

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AntiWord

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/