Re: [Orgmode] Notes reviews with sparse trees

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Notes reviews with sparse trees
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:05:33 +0100

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Giorgio Valoti <address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is that I can’t get a sparse tree using these timestamps because
> it works only with deadlines and schedules. Does anybody know how to work
> around this limitation, short of using a regexp?

Well my suggestions is with using regexps, not what you asked. In any
org buffer look at this variable:

org-deadline-time-regexp is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is "\\<DEADLINE: *<\\([^>]+\\)>"
Local in buffer notes.org; global value is nil

  Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

Documentation:
Matches the DEADLINE keyword together with a time stamp.

Now you could put your time stamps with a special tag, say "LAST:".
You can choose to add it as keyword and fontify with the same face as
DEADLINE, org-special-keyword-face. Then you can write your own defun
using org-sparse-tree and a regex based on the above which uses the
LAST: keyword to find the time stamps just like DEADLINEs. Does that
work for you?

--
Suvayu