[Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling horizontally

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling horizontally
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:15:05 +0100

Hi Marcelo,

,----[ C-h f scroll-left RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h f scroll-right RET ]
| scroll-right is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
|
| It is bound to <C-prior>, C-x >.
|
| (scroll-right &optional ARG SET-MINIMUM)
|
| Scroll selected window display ARG columns right.
| Default for ARG is window width minus 2.
| Value is the total amount of leftward horizontal scrolling in
| effect after the change.
| If SET-MINIMUM is non-nil, the new scroll amount becomes the
| lower bound for automatic scrolling, i.e. automatic scrolling
| will not scroll a window to a column less than the value returned
| by this function.  This happens in an interactive call.
`----

As you can read, those scroll about one window width by default.  If you
want to have a more "smooth" horizontal scroll experience, you could
wrap two custum commands around that call the default functions with a
sufficiently small ARG.

Bye,
Tassilo