Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-archive-subtree keeping inherited tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-archive-subtree keeping inherited tags
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:20:39 +0100

On Feb 1, 2011, at 12:17 PM, Bastien wrote:

Osamu OKANO <address@hidden> writes:

I'd like to org-archive-subtree keeping inherited tags.
Can I do like blow?
I have found the solution by defadvice.
(defadvice org-archive-subtree
 (before add-inherited-tags-before-org-archive-subtree activate)
   "add inherited tags before org-archive-subtree"
   (org-set-tags-to (org-get-tags-at)))

Thanks for this hack, I added it to Worg/org-hacks.org

 http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html

It might be useful to consider making this as part of the normal archiving procedure, when archiving to a different file. Maybe subject to a variable - but I do like the idea to be able to look at archived entries with all tags in place. Since in the Archive, entries are usually all siblings, there is no useful inheritance. Explicitly copying the tags into each archived entry is a good way to go to retain searchability of tags...

Cheers

- Carsten