Re: [Orgmode] Strange behaviour of produced latex-pdf

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Strange behaviour of produced latex-pdf
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:06:39 -1000

On Feb 2, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Martin Weigele wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2011, um 23:26:05 schrieb Eric S Fraga:
"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:
On Feb 2, 2011, at 1:30 AM, Martin Weigele wrote:
Dear all, have encountered the following strange behaviour in
producing latex-
pdf from a standard outline, C-c C-e d . One of many top nodes is
seemingly
arbitrarily not broken down into subnodes. It works fine, however,
when
producing html. Emacs 23.1.1; org-7.4 manually installed; ubuntu
10.04 LTS.

[...]

Like others, the unrefined chapter contains only (sub)headlines, no
text yet.
Any ideas?

Aloha Martin,

I don't understand what you mean by "not broken down."  Could you
provide an example of the LaTeX output?

I also do not necessarily understand what is meant by that but I can say
that I recently had some problems with the latex exporter, especially
over the weekend, not exporting the full document the way I would have
expected: whole sub-trees did not get exported to the latex although
they did come out in an HTML export, for instance.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this problem with a small
example and the document where it was exhibited is large and
definitely not distributable.

Fortunately, the problem seems to have disappeared and my latex export
works just fine now -- and the document has not changed (it's under
revision control).

So, I can suggest to Martin: upgrade to the latest git version of org
and see if that helps?

eric

Thanks Eric, it appears that the fact that a whole subtree indeed disappeared from the latex output had left me kind of "speechless" :-) . No the problem
does not go away with latest git sources.
Martin

Aloha Martin,

I'm speechless, too. I haven't seen this particular bug yet, but will keep my eyes open for it. Thanks for pointing it out.

All the best,
Tom