Re: [Orgmode] org-scan-tags

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-scan-tags
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 00:17:11 +0100

Hi Ilya,

Ilya Shlyakhter <address@hidden> writes:

> In org-scan-tags, if todo-only is t, would it be possible to speed
> things up by changingthe regexp go to just the lines with a TODO
> keyword?
> I.e. in
>
>   (let* ((re (concat "^" outline-regexp " *\\(\\<\\("
>                      (mapconcat 'regexp-quote org-todo-keywords-1 "\\|")
>                      (org-re
>                       "\\>\\)\\)? *\\(.*?\\)\\(:[[:alnum:]_@:]+:\\)?[
> \t]*$")))
>
> remove the first "?" if todo-only is t.   Also, regexp-opt might make
> a more efficient regexp than mapconcat with regexp-quote.

I've optimized org-scan-tags a bit following your ideas (gaining ~12%
according to elp) -- thanks for these directions.

> It would be good if the parameter todo-only could be a list of
> strings, and org-scan-tags would return only the headlines where the
> todo keyword is from this list.

This would be confusing.  Particularily, org-tags-view uses
org-scan-tags using both the todo-only argument and a matcher: so
if you make the todo-only argument aware of TODO keywords, there
might be some interference between todo-only and the matcher.

I'd rather not go that route.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien