Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to region)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:37:20 +0000

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks again Eric, this is a good solution for projects that are not
> accessed frequently for me (I only know some of the org search
> capabilities, I guess it is time to reread that section in the
> manual).

You're welcome!  The wealth of functionality in org is sometimes
overwhelming and it's fun to go back and read the manual (and this list)
to find out how much can actually be done with it.

> At last, using the initial code provided by Bastien I was able to
> program something that gives me what I wanted. The code is provided
> below.

Glad you managed to concoct a solution to your particular needs.  The
code looks good; I would only suggest one possible refinement that might
make it a little more general (depending on whether you have subprojects
within projects):

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp

[...]
>       (setq heading (concat "* " projectName))

[...]

>           (search-forward heading)

Maybe consider using the org regexp for headings (=org-outline-regexp=)
appended with your project name and then use =re-search-forward= to allow
you to find not just top level headings but also sub-headings?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.304.g71203.dirty)