Re: [Orgmode] IMPORTANT: let's make the biggest gift of FLOSS history!

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] IMPORTANT: let's make the biggest gift of FLOSS history!
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:11:00 +0900

Dear Bastien,

you might consider to add a Flattr account for org-mode too.
As far as I understood Flattr is a micorpayment system on a monthly base. People donate a monthly sum and this will be shared by the projects they marked (by click on a clever placed icon) over a month period. I believe this heavily lower the resistance to place a donation, people think "Since I spend the money every month why not donating to org-mode", which is quite different to "Ohh paypal, I need to pull out my credit card and enter all my credentials, wait is it save, wait should I do it now, wait will my spouse punish me for throwing out money again for my crazy interests" ;)

I guess the idea is to place those icons at places where people just got very happy about org-mode... maybe the manual section, or Worg, video tutorial page, etc.

http://flattr.com/

All the best

Totti