Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Taskwarrior, nice GTD-oriented CLI thing

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Taskwarrior, nice GTD-oriented CLI thing
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:00:58 +0900

Hi Marcelo,

A CLI client would be nice, but IMHO, I don't think it would be faster
than the operating org from emacs; perhaps for a couple of basic
stuff, but I think that depends strongly on personal tastes.

For me the most nicest part to have a CLI interface to org-mode would be the fact that I could use all the command line magic instantaneous.
E.g.,

git log -n1 | org add "Remember to check the last commit"

could end up in

* Remember to check the last commit

commit b9de5f08ba0833d2b1912d02335667e8e6cc17b
Author: User Foo <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Dec 20 14:50:05 2010 -1000

This comment might fixes the bug Totti was dealing with

or a simple

ls | org add "The files I have not processed so fare"

could end up in

* "The files I have not processed so fare"

file1
file2
file6
file11

and a

org agenda next | xargs awesome-client notifyme("{}")

could create a pop up in my window manager (awesome wm) informing me about the next appointment in my agenda.

Even more into hardware details,
a udev-rule could be used to send a certain command to org-mode whenever a specific USB-stick is inserted in the computer.
People who like to clock there work might love this feature.

There are actually hundreds of possible nice combinations...

All the best

Totti

Marcelo.