Re: [Orgmode] org-git-link does not support locational information withi

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-git-link does not support locational information within file
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:17:58 +0100

Hi Gregor,

Gregor Kappler <address@hidden> writes:

>  2. use git versioned files transparently, i.e. org-git-store-link
>     should support search (org-ids and text files) in linked git
>     revisions of files.

I've look into this.  We could code things to add a search string:

  [[git:~/my.org::address@hidden::Org code]]
                                     ^^

... but I'm reluctant to change the general syntax of links, even
if that's just for git links.

>  3. define an interactive function that can update the revision
>     information of a link at mark to the current branch head of the
>     file (so I can update all links to new FS folder structure.)

You mean update

  [[git:~/my.org::address@hidden::Org code]]

  [[git:~/my.org::address@hidden::Org code]]

?

Can you provide an explicit example?

> I am still lame at elisp - so my implementation skills are
> limited. With the great work in org-git-link all backend stuff seems
> there, only needing more glue. Any hints how to achieve this would be
> very welcome!

org-git-link.el is quite readable, and I'd welcome ideas on how to
extend it to fulfill your wishes without extending Org's link syntax
too much...

Thanks!

--
 Bastien