[Orgmode] OT: medical practice software with all functions including mac

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [Orgmode] OT: medical practice software with all functions including machine learning
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:15:25 -0700

This is totally OT, but I thought some of you would have ideas.  You
share my software sensibilities.

I know a person who is creating a nonprofit, large, extremely
important translational medicine clinic. This means that the clinic
will be tightly integrated with basic and clinical research.

One thing that is needed is good software.  Perhaps some of you know
of the open source options here.  EVERYTHING is needed: scanning,
billing, grepping, reports, machine learning, etc.  Preferably all
integrated for nontechnical but very intelligent people.

Effectiveness of treatments will be fed back into research.  Research
will be fed back into treatments and the most promising cases will
need to be found.  Keeping track of scanned medical records, data
about people, histories taken, results of treatments, etc. is
necessary.

It is a large challenge for software.  I am asking on the chance that
some of you knows something that can help (or, perhaps even, can help
set something up).

This is an open-ended question.

Thanks.

Samuel