Re: [Orgmode] importing google docs document into org

From: Puneeth Chaganti
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] importing google docs document into org
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:27:38 +0530

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Le Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> You could try using Pandoc [1]. It can parse various markups
>> (including html) and reformat it into various other markups (including
>> org). There may be a few rough ends in the org-exporter, but it might
>> be good enough for you.
>
> Outstanding.  I exported the document from google docs to html then used
> pandoc to convert to org-mode.  The conversion wasn't perfect.  I had to
> manually edit a few things.  But it wasn't too painful.
> Here are some support functions I made to scrub the hyperlinks.

Glad it worked.

Actually, if you can describe the problems that you were faced with, I
would be interested in spending some time and trying to fix those
problems with Pandoc or atleast report issues and get them fixed. (I
had contributed the original exporter, though my Haskell knowledge is
negligible.)

--
Puneeth