Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:09:07 -0500

I haven't sent any HTMl that I know of--I fully embrace the "plain text" KISS methods.

I've changed my fonts (all fonts--fixed and otherwise) to a font using the string " Mono " somewhere in its name, and things seem better reading and copying-and-pasting into an email buffer like this one--it should take care of all problems with reading and writing @aligned address@hidden

Thanks for pointing that out Bastien (about the fonts)--the "FreeMono" and "Courier" fonts in GOOGLE CHROME are ugly--I tried them all after your email--I settled on "DejaVu Sans Mono Book"; but, again, I have never posted HTML to this list that I remember--I used to work with IETF members on XML protocols and I'm very familiar with GML, SGML, HTML, XML, etc--I know HTML when I see it.  The only "markup" that I inserted was "[[file:" --but thats not HTML--its OrgMode?

If I paste text and set its font to XYZ @and@ you allow your browser to view the XYZ font and character set @and@ you have the XYZ font software installed and/or your email software has it, then you'll see it the way the writer intended you to see it.  If you ever see anything from me with "uncovered down"/aligned table columns again, please tell me, sorry about that, it shouldn't happen again.  I strongly believe that problem has been solved.

(I'll look into "turning off" HTML sending in my GOOGLE CHROME browser options--like you suggested Bastien)

As for OrgMode and my idea, my plan: I will be setting "^H" as an end-of-line "$" marker in my own code--when I am in a buffer running OrgMode--and I'll see if I can make "multivariate stat." tables like the example table Wang gave--EMACS has the only regexp engine that is easily tweaked that way--that I know of (see "Regular Expressions", O'Reilly, 1st edition)

Now, should OrgMode "table mode" support the creation of tables like the one Wang gave as an example? I think it should.

--But I'm so giddy about OrgMode as it is right now, I almost don't care!

;-)

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
brian powell <address@hidden> writes:

> Forget all previous emails from me on this thread;

Done :)

The font you use might causes problems for fixed-font emails you *read*
but problems for emails you send are caused by using HTML.  Go to gmail
parameters and deactivate HTML when sending, it's generally better, at
least for this list...

Thanks!

--
 Bastien