[Orgmode] Re: Refile cache expire

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Refile cache expire
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:09:48 +0000 (UTC)

Samuel Wales <samologist <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'd find automatic regeneration useful.
>
> Another way:
>
> ********* [#A] make failed refile reload the cache automatically
> You usually want the existing choices for selecting a
> headline.  You don't need to regenerate those.  Just the
> target locations.

This wouldn't work in my case, because actual refiling is not
what I'm interested in. I use the GOTO interface of refile
to jump to to any heading in my org system, so the main point
for me is having an up-to-date cache of all existing headings,
so I can jump to them easily with completion.

And because I create new headings all the time, it's important
to have a fairly up-to-date cache.

(BTW, for those who doesn't use refile for goto I recommend
checking it out, because it's an awesome way to traverse your
org empire.)