Re: [Orgmode] Splitting mailing list

From: Jeff Horn
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:26:35 -0500

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> If the lists were split, I likely would have never submitted my first
> patch. I've learned more about programming and computing from the
> org-mode list than any other list. I'm in favor of the status quo.

I fired off the e-mail before reading other responses. I should point
out that while Julien is right that Devs can read the user list as
well, I'm not certain that users would read the dev list if they were
split. I certainly avoided most dev discussions on other lists, but
I've learned a lot from org-mode. But, I'm only one data point...

> With modern filters and thread scoring, splitting may not be that
> beneficial on the whole.

Again, I spoke prematurely. Is it possible to funnel dev traffic to
the user list, so subscriptions look like this?

| mail source | mail receipt       |
| dev list    | dev and user lists |
| user list   | user list          |

--