Re: [Orgmode] Splitting mailing list

From: Torsten Wagner
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:50:50 +0900

Hi,

the same discussion was started a few month ago.
Basically, at that time there was quickly some argument to drop
[Orgmode] tag in the subject and try to reduce the tags to a certain amount.
Basically, I can't see any logical reason to keep [Orgmode] since this is a org-mode list. Esp., nowadays people read mails on small screens on there mobile devices. E.g., the subject line on my android phone is nearly eaten up entirely by [Orgmode][babel], makes it very difficult to follow the list. Others argued they use it to separate quickly between different mailing list. Maybe shorten it to [OM] and introduce [DEV] to mark topics dev for development.

However, I agree that splitting the list makes no differences to people who subscribe to both lists.

Just some more points to think about

Torsten