[O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:51:04 +0100

On 27 Feb, 2011, at 2:36 , Matthew Sauer wrote:

> As a relatively newer emacs and org-mode user I have found it very
> interesting to see what people have in their .emacs file.   This has spawned
> my curiosity, what do you have for a startup page?  Do you just have it go to
> the scratch buffer, the standard page or something else?  Maybe a custom
> designed page with links or something else?  Might be something interesting
> to share on worg as well if you have a unique start page for emacs.

My Emacs starts up showing two windows:

1) An org-mode file that contains links to everything I am currently working
on, and which I change as projects start and end. This gives me instant access
to almost everything I need.

2) A buffer containing my agenda and to-do list.

Translated to .emacs, this means:

(find-file "~/org/current.org")
(split-window-vertically)
(org-agenda nil "g")