[O] Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:43:34 -0800

Hi Eric and others,

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:51:22 +0000
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Although I get perfect results using the Fedora 13 provided texlive
> > (2007), I noticed I get that old error again (quoted below) when I
> > use the texlive 2010 install from CTAN. Maybe some problem in my
> > setup. I will use my distribution provided texlive for now.
> >
> > Thanks again for being so patient and helping with my issues. :)
> >
> >> bibtex: Not writing
> >> to /home/jallad/org/masters-thesis/msthesis.blg (openout_any = p).
> >> I couldn't open file name
> >> `/home/jallad/org/masters-thesis/msthesis.blg'
>
> Sorry; this I cannot help with much as I'm not sure what is happening
> here and I've never run into this before.
>
> Are there any problems with that file (e.g. read only mode)?  Is the
> file there?  If so, what happens if you remove it?  It should be
> created automatically by bibtex.

This happens with a clean working directory.

> Have you tried searching the web with that error message (e.g. google
> bibtex openout_any)?

I found a recent (Jan 2010) discussion about this. There was a change in
behaviour for bibtex in the latest texlive build which leads to this
behaviour. You can follow the discussion in this thread[1]. The TeX
developers expect external tools like org and other editor plugins to
adapt to this change. I think this is why I was having problems in the
first place, not sure how this can be resolved though. If we find a
solution it would be worth a mention on Worg.

[1] http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/VBuN9l7WNXs4SXOn6Kxh

--
Suvayu