Re: [O] in-buffer completion question

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [O] in-buffer completion question
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:06:49 -0600

Not really answering your question, but you do
know about C-c C-x p  to set properties?

henry atting wrote:
Let's say I am in an orgmode buffer, more precisely I
opened a file with org-contacts.
My first entry is:

** Mr.X
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL:  address@hidden
:END:

Then I want to create a new entry. Of course I am to
lazy to type ´:PROPERTIES:´ so I type ´:PR´ then hit
M-TAB. But instead of the word being completed I get
´There is no completion of PR´.
Okay, but I can see that actually there is one, it's in the
buffer. I read that the new orgmode completion method
is derived from the method John Wiegley has implemented.
In ledger-mode however M-Tab not only completes the
unfinished word but lets me cycle through the alternatives
given in the current buffer.
So, that is what I would expect in orgmode too...

henry