Re: [O] Table rows and ranges as LHS of formulas

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Table rows and ranges as LHS of formulas
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:54:09 -0500

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2.3.2011, at 18:21, Bastien wrote:
>
> > Hi Carsten,
> >
> > Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> Bastien, please let me know if you want to have this integrated
> >> before the release, then I will do so.
> >
> > Please go ahead!  This looks like a nice addition, thanks for that.
>
> I just pushed it.  The patch I pushed contains another small thing:
> you can use @L to mean the last row.  So
>
>     @L=vsum(@I..II)
>
> is now a great way to sum columns in the last row.
> To skip the First column (in case it contains unsummable
> labels or so, use
>
>    @address@hidden@8=vsum(@I..II)

Both of these and Christian's multiplication table are great
examples. Thanks!

One nit: symmetry dictates that $L should be the last column, but it
isn't.  Trying @address@hidden in Christian's example works fine, but
@address@hidden changes the first column to all zeroes (not sure why).

Thanks,
Nick