[O] How to escape characters in tables

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: [O] How to escape characters in tables
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:25:57 -0600

I posted a question on Stack Overflow a few days ago, I'm wondering whether
someone might want to take a look:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5144862/escape-pipe-character-in-org-mode

The issue is that I've got tables whose cells contain the '|' character (it's a
table of regular expressions), and I can't seem to figure out how to escape it
so that it doesn't mean a delimiter between cells.  Anyone have advice or a
pointer to the docs I can't seem to find?

Thanks.

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist