Re: [O] How to escape characters in tables

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to escape characters in tables
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:57:15 +0000

<address@hidden> writes:

> I posted a question on Stack Overflow a few days ago, I'm wondering
> whether someone might want to take a look:
>
>   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5144862/escape-pipe-character-in-org-mode
>
> The issue is that I've got tables whose cells contain the '|'
> character (it's a table of regular expressions), and I can't seem to
> figure out how to escape it so that it doesn't mean a delimiter
> between cells.  Anyone have advice or a pointer to the docs I can't
> seem to find?

I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the resulting
document.  You could always insert a character that looks like the '|'
character, such as the unicode "LIGHT VERTICAL BAR" (0x2758) character,
'❘', and I'm sure there are others that could be used... org should
ignore this character as a table delimiter.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.592.gc431)