Re: [O] org google weather

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [O] org google weather
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 11:33:34 +0100

On 6 Mar 2011, at 00:51, Nick Dokos wrote:

Konrad Hinsen <address@hidden> wrote:

What keeps me from writing that function right now is that I don't
know the internals of org-mode well enough to know how to check for a
propery or tag. I expect to spend an hour reading source code, and
that's for another day :-)

Before diving into the code, check out Appendix A, "Hacking", and in
particular section A.9, "Using the property API", in the Org manual.

Thanks for the useful hint! I am not used to code that comes with a hacker's manual.

BTW, I found a very simple solution to my original problem of having sunrise and sunset only in the day view:

%%(when (eq span 'day) (diary-sunrise))
%%(when (eq span 'day) (diary-sunset))

Fortunately, because apparently org-agenda-skip-function is not called for diary-style entries. But I'll continue exploring that approach for other types of entries.

Konrad.