[O] Re: [Orgmode] Grouping clock report by tag?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Grouping clock report by tag?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 11:02:30 -0600

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> In any case, I realize that I can setup clock reports with something
> like =:tags "project-name"= to get a report for a particular tag.

Yes.

What are you exactly missing?  Can you provide an example of the
clocktable you want to get?

How about a clock table with a :tag: column and an option to sort by common tag? Again, I can already do something like this via the tag options, but I wouldn't mind all my clocked items appearing in one table but sorted by tag. My tags = my projects/work area. It seems that a lot of people opt for the file desribing the project and thus the current table listing items by the file they appear in (or headline in the current file) probably works. I don't work like this, though. For me, tag sorting (even showing them) would be much more descriptive vs. trying to read the headlines and figure out what project it was.

I could create a load of individual tables, so if this is a non-worthy request, I'll stick with creating a separate clock file that pulls together info from my agenda files and then create a spearate clock-table per tag.

John

Thanks,

--
 Bastien