Re: [O] Questions on LaTeX Exporter

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Questions on LaTeX Exporter
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:50:33 +0000

Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> writes:

>> (setq org-export-latex-hyperref-format "\\ref{%s}") then you can
>> refer to sections by their numbers with "as we see in section
>> [[section]]" and it works nicely.
>
> Wow; it works! Lawrence, in your experience, how fragile is this? The
> bliss of LaTeX labels is that they are independent of the printed
> headings so I can change the title and retain a sensible \ref.
>
> Eric, thanks for your point. I still think it less than ideal, as
> illustrate by this snip.
>
> ,----
> | \section{Introduction}
> | \label{sec-1}
> |
> | \label{sec:into}
> `----
>
> Org has a /really/ bad habit of inserting blank lines!

But Latex doesn't care?  =sec:into= will still be fine so I don't see
why this is not suitable *and* it is not fragile as far as I can tell.
I've used this approach for a long time.

> Here is an
> example of a "fix" from a beamer presentation:
>
> ,----
> | *** Stiglitz
> :B_quotation:
> |     :PROPERTIES:
> |     :BEAMER_env: quotation
> |     :END:
> |     \noindent
> |     Social capital is a concept with a short and already confused history.
> | #+latex:  \\\hfill\citep[pp. 59]{stiglitz99}
> `----
>
> And the output:
>
> ,----
> | \begin{quotation} % Stiglitz
> | \label{sec-2_1_1}
> |
> |     \noindent
> |     Social capital is a concept with a short and already confused history.
> | \\\hfill\citep[pp. 59]{stiglitz99}
> | \end{quotation}
> `----
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Rasmus

I am not sure what point you are trying to make in this case?  In any
case, you could have done:

*** Stiglitz                                                    :B_quotation:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_env: quotation
     :END:
     \noindent
     Social capital is a concept with a short and already confused history.
     \\\hfill\citep[pp. 59]{stiglitz99}

(i.e. no need for the #+latex directive...)

Org is smart enough to export that last line properly (well, I have just
tried it and it exports fine).

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.580.g85729.dirty)