Re: [O] Clock table not responding to :tags?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Clock table not responding to :tags?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:24:42 -0600

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Well, so far I should only have one version? Or not since I installed
>> emacs as well. I guess that could have overwritten some of the default
>> packages or mingled with them?
>>
>> Even so, could I just add a:
>> ,---
>> | (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp")
>> `---
>>
>> and be alright?
>>

> Yes, although you might want to add the contrib/lisp directory too if you
> are using anything from there.  You can use locate-library to make sure that
> emacs is loading a file from the place where you expect it to:

Yeah, sorry... I've just been posting the explicitly relevant stuff. I
have contrib/lisp in there as well for other stuff as well as the
scripts dir for ditta (I think that's why that's there).

> M-x locate-library <RET> org <RET>
> M-x locate-library <RET> org-clock <RET>

That's *fantastic*. Had no idea. I will definitely try that.
Specifically (kicking myself as I write this and realize what a dummy
I was), I want to remove the loading of ~/.elisp/org.git, restart
emacs and see what it's using. Then I want to check my prefix in the
orgmode Makefile. Again, shivering as I write this, I realize I never
checked that and am now thinking that 'make install' installed to /usr
perhaps while all the default directories are, say, at /usr/local. Not
sure, but I'm wondering about that now.

> and so on for each file (although it would be pretty weird if it loaded
> some files from one place and some from another). Also take a very
> careful look at your load-path. That is my first knee-jerk response
> every time I see weirdness.

Thanks for the input -- it's much appreciated.

John