Re: [O] Re: [Workaround] Escaping false list items

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Re: [Workaround] Escaping false list items
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:02:51 -0700

Here are 2 alternatives.  The second, for me, is probably pretty
bulletproof (pun intended after it was made :)).  I like solution 2.

Solution 1:

Is it the case that you have text at the same column on the
line before?  Perhaps that could be considered invalid for
lists.  Of course there will still be problems with
e.g. partial lists of references.  And perhaps this will
break people's habits.  Not sure I like this solution, but thought to
mention it.

Solution 2:

  1) I always start my lists at column 2, without
     exception.
  2) I always have paragraphs at column 0, unless they are
     in a list or are manual insets (such as quotes).  I am
     willing to put manual quotes some place other than
     column 2.

All that's required is for the list code to (optionally):

  1) start lists at column 2
  2) never assume anything at column 0 is a list item

Perhaps a combination of solutions would work.

Samuel

--
AIDS 2.0 is here now:

http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2010/12/welcome-to-kafka-pandemic-two-forces_9182.html
I support the Whittemore-Peterson Institute (WPI)
===
I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MRV paper.