[O] RE: Alinea filling (hanlding of explicit line-breaks)

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: [O] RE: Alinea filling (hanlding of explicit line-breaks)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:49:55 +0100

> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:41:02 +0000
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: RE: Alinea filling (hanlding of explicit line-breaks)

[...]
> 1. Sure, @* forces a line break in Texinfo. How that technically
> compares to \\ in org mode, I don't know.

[...]

FYI, the only --- but significative --- difference is that in Org \\
needs to be placed at end of line to be active. This is the reason why
it is quite disturbing in Org if the paragraph filling moves \\ from the
end of of line.

In Texinfo it is rather a matter of taste whether you like it or not
that in the source code @* are also at end of line to look like the
output --- I personally like it this way.

VBR,
   Vincent.