Re: [O] quick question about face names

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: Re: [O] quick question about face names
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:13:38 -0400

Thanks for the replies.
This is unfortunate.  I was hoping to easily change the font of those non-headline/checklist to a variable width font, but keep the headline stuff in fixed width.
Since it's the default font, if I change the default, then I'd have to change every other font to fixed.
...that's a bit too much work, I think.

So I agree with Sébastien.

Cheers.
Fil

2011/3/15 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
Hi Nick and Filippo,

>>> I'm trying to find the face of plain text (not headlines or checklist
>>> items). Does it have a name that distinguishes it from other faces? Cheers.
>>> Fil
>>
>> I don't think so: C-u C-x = tells faces if it finds one - in this case, it
>> says nothing about a face.
>
> ... so it means that the "body text" uses the properties of face "default".

Though, it could be nice to have a real body text face, that would be in most
cases identical to the default face, but that could be customized as well (for
using other fonts or colors in Org editing buffers)...

Best regards,
 Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban