Re: [O] `session-jump-to-last-change' and org-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] `session-jump-to-last-change' and org-mode
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:30:45 +0000

Le Wang <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Why would you need to coordinate with the session author about advising
>> a function? It's your own personal advice and you can do whatever you
>> want. Of course, as Carsten pointed out, there is good advice and there
>> is bad advice, and you should only give good advice. But you are not
>> requesting any changes to the session code. You just stick the advice in
>> your .emacs and that's that.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>

> The defadvice is a hack until session can be changed to not need it.  I
> assume I won't be the only one to ever find this useful.

Sure but I don't think it makes sense to customise the behaviour of
/session/ for /org/ specific issues?  The session code should be kept as
general as possible, I would suggest.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.77.g74268.dirty)