Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:48:56 -0400

Matthew Sauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sigh, at times it's the small things that you miss that bite you in the
> foot.
>
> (defun org-dblock-write:recently-modified (params)
>  (insert (mapconcat (lambda (arg) (concat "[[file:" arg "][" arg "]]" ))
> (split-string (shell-command-to-string "ls -t
> /cygdrive/c/Dropbox/org *.org | head -10")) "\n")))
> (org-agenda nil "a")
> (delete-other-windows)
> (split-window-horizontally)
> (find-file "/cygdrive/c/Dropbox/org/Refile.org")
>

> I forgot (delete-other-windows), I don't know if it the default behavior but
> my agenda opens up 1/2 height and I have to run C-x 1  to make it full
> screen after C-c a a    . . .now to get my next dynamic block function
> (another thread to be started) working and I will have my weekly agenda on
> one side of the screen.  On the tother I will have recently modified files
> on the other, needing filed captures and Unscheduled TODO items.
>
> Thanks for all the help everyone has thrown my way.  I am going to look at
> Filippos' code to see if I can even make this a bit more elegant.

The org-agenda call has the potential of messing up your carefully crafted
window
configuration, depending on the value of org-agenda-window-setup. The default
value is reorganize-frame which should tell you something :-). You might want
to change it temporarily (or customize it to make it permanent):

   (let ((org-agenda-window-setup 'current-window))
      (org-agenda nil "a"))

Nick