Re: [O] hide #+ lines?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] hide #+ lines?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 18:26:50 -0400

Juan Pechiar <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 05:27:23PM -0400, Filippo A. Salustri wrote:
> > I've started using #+ blocks here and there, and (meaning no
> > disrespect) I find them a bit ugly.  I would much rather there were
> > some way to hide the #+ directives (without, of course, impeding their
> > functionality).
> > I believe I've done my due diligence, checking doc & google, but I
> > can't find anything to help.
> >
> > Anyone got something to offer?
>
> If you are referring to directives such as export templates, etc.,
> these can in general be placed anywhere in the document. For example,
> inside a COMMENT'ed heading at the end of the document, with folded
> view as default.
>
> You can also have all that in another file and use #+setupfile or
> #include for inclusion.
>
> Other things such as #+category have their equivalent as properties,
> which are normally folded.

Another similar solution (cribbed from this list, but I don't remember
who suggested it) is to define a drawer and put all that stuff in it -
isn't that what drawers are for? :-) Keep the drawer closed and the mess
is hidden - and it is not affected by general visibility cycling: you
have to open the drawer deliberately.

The top of one of my org files looks like this:

:SETUP:
#+STARTUP: showall lognotedone
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) DEFERRED CANCELLED(c)
#+TAGS: { FINANCES(f) HOME(h) PACC(p) SCHOOL(s) WORK(w) } CALL(c) ERRAND(e)
:END:

You need to set up the variable org-drawers - see section 2.8 of the Org manual.

Nick