[O] [babel] feature request: automatically connect source code block to

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] [babel] feature request: automatically connect source code block to its session
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:19:11 +0100

Hi all,

I have a feature request (if what I want is not already possible, that is).

Could a source code block, which has the :session header argument, be
associated with its session as soon as C-' is pressed?

The background to this question is, that all ess support functionality
for R (r-autoyas, autocomplete-R, and ess-eldoc) need an associated R
session.  They start to function only as soon as the first line of the
code block is evaluated, which associates the source buffer with its
session.
The autocomplete-R even fails to load without an associated R session
(byte-code: Language mode `R-mode' fails with: "Symbol nil may not be
buffer-local")
and this way cuts the connection to org, such that C-' becomes undefined.

Regards,
Andreas