[O] Re: FR: broken links and footnote references

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] Re: FR: broken links and footnote references
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:06:17 -0700

Not sure if this thread was clear enough to make it interesting.

I am suggesting that when you export a subtree or a region, and you
have a link to an anchor (e.g. a link to a <<...>>>), and that link is
broken, because the referent is outside of the subtree or region, we
can do this:

  Get the link referent normally (just as we do in the .org file)
  Append it to a URL provided in a property for the subtree that contains it

That way, you can export one subtree as a blog entry, and another
subtree as a blog entry, and if links point to the other subtree, they
will get exported properly -- as long as you supply the base URL.