[O] Org-capture does not work with "long" extracts of text

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Org-capture does not work with "long" extracts of text
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:47:32 +0100

Hi,

I'm using for months Org-capture, with a lot of interest. In the beginning, it
was on Firefox/Ubuntu, now it is (for external reasons) on Firefox/Windows XP.

I think I can relate the limitation I'll expose with the switch from Linux to
Windows. However, that does not necessarily mean that Windows is the culprit,
as there are so many (little) differences between the two systems.

So, what's the limitation?  I can only capture _short text_ extracts from the
Web. Once it gets over 20 lines of text or so, the "Org-capture" button still
does not do anything.

On the same page (whichever, in fact) as the one exhibiting the above problem,
selecting a shorter region of text makes the behavior of the button come back
to life.

So, it really is related somehow to the length of the copied text (words,
lines, bytes, ...?).

Any idea or workaround for this?

Best regards,
  Seb