Re: [O] Extracting pdf metadata

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Extracting pdf metadata
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:08:27 -0500

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody have a lisp code that can extract metadata from pdf. There is
> an interesting program called sciplpore
> (http://www.sciplore.org/software/sciplore_mindmapping/ that does this for
> freemind), it might be useful if were able to do the same with org (i.e.,
> important pdf meta data, bookmark and stickies directly into org).

Not that this what you asked for, but there's a small python
application called stapler that can extract metadata. At the least,
maybe somehow it could be useful to look at the code? Then again, it's
built on a python library... so maybe there's nothing that will really
translate to elisp. I just ran into it as an alternative to pdftk and
thus it was fresh in my mind.

At github: https://github.com/fwenzel/stapler

Pertinent output from help:
,---
| $ stapler --help
| info: <inputfile> ... (no output needed)
|    Display PDF metadata
`---

Best regards,
John