[O] Bug: Jumping to date in custom agenda looses starting day of week

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Bug: Jumping to date in custom agenda looses starting day of week
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:56:35 +0100

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> I can move forwards and backwards one day at a time with 'f' and 'b' and it
> works great. If however I want to jump to a specific date the block view is
> lost and it reverts back to the regular calendar agenda view.

In the same spirit, I would add another point: if you have a view with
starting day (of the week) on Monday:

                ("C" "Weekly appointments"
                 agenda ""
                 ((org-agenda-ndays 7)
                  (org-agenda-start-on-weekday 1)
                  (org-agenda-time-grid nil)
                  (org-agenda-prefix-format "  %12:t ")
                  (org-agenda-include-all-todo nil)
                  (org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all t)
                  (org-agenda-skip-function
                   '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'deadline 'scheduled))))

and jump to a Thursday, then the new 7-days view is beginning on Thursday
(which is my global setting), instead of keeping the Monday.

What I would find logical is to keep this setting active for the jump.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban