Re: [O] Org babel with multiple linked segments of source code

From: Nicholas Patrick
Subject: Re: [O] Org babel with multiple linked segments of source code
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:12:30 -0500

I may try playing around with the sequential sections...since that's how I'm currently writing the majority of this file.  Most of the pieces of code are simply defining functions that call other functions or macros and wouldn't be executed alone.  However, I'm defining other blocks as tests for the functional sections.  So I might do the following:

#+source: functional-definitions
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defn f1
#+end_src

#+source: functional-definitions
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defn f2
#+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
<<functional-definitions>>
(def xyz (f1 (f2 foo))) ; produces bar
#+end_src

#+results:
| bar |

I'm still pretty new to using babel, so I haven't figured out much other than the basic tangling capability.  Maybe my example could be accomplished with something like a ':concatenate yes' option on the functional-definitions blocks.