[O] ASCII table export should use tabs?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] ASCII table export should use tabs?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:30:36 -0700

I wonder if org should export ASCII tables using tabs.

If I send to this list, I can be confident that everybody will know to
display in a monospace font.  That is not true for non-technical
audiences.  Yet I think there are times when I want to send ASCII
instead of HTML.  At least, I am not confident that /I/ know that HTML
will display correctly.

Tabs are not a perfect solution, as they will break with long entries.
 Still, you can read a broken table with tabs easier than a table
displayed in a proportional font, which I believe most nontechnical
people use.

What do you think?

Samuel

--
The Kafka Pandemic:

http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2010/12/welcome-to-kafka-pandemic-two-forces_9182.html
I support the Whittemore-Peterson Institute (WPI)
===
I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MRV paper.