[O] Re: latex export settings in init files

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Re: latex export settings in init files
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:53:10 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> By the way, for the types of customisation you are doing above (obviously, I
> don't know what you have omitted), I find it easier to define an org
> template that has the appropriate #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS and #+LATEX_HEADER
> lines.

I guess that you mean it "if the number of custom LaTeX lines is < 5 or 10",
something like that.

Even in such a case, I would opt the OP for his own document class (or style
file), so that every custom is only made once, in one place. And, would he
recompile his Org doc later, he would benefit from all the updated features he
put in his class -- if nothing is contradictorily changed...

Your argument is maybe about being "easier". True. And false: after all,
what's a class or style file, everything you want except for the first few
lines, and the last one, no?

(not trying to say the opposite of you ;-) but give the OP another "sound of
clock" -- maybe you think as well at other points I'm missing here?)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban