Re: [O] Re: Using babel to generate a commit log

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Using babel to generate a commit log
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:28:34 -0600

Luke Crook <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Since this could be generally useful would you be willing to add it to
>> the library of babel (org/contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org)?
>
> That would be great.
>
>> If so then if you could supply a few explanatory sentences, I'll add those
>> and
>> the code block to the library-of-babel.org distributed with Org-mode.
>
> "This function will attempt to retrieve the entire commit log for the file
> associated with the current buffer and insert this log into the export. The
> function uses the Emacs VC commands to interface to the local version control
> system, but has only been tested to work with Git. 'limit' is currently
> unsupported."

Fantastic, I've now added this to the library-of-babel.org file, so
anyone who loads the library of babel can now call this functionality
through the "" code block, e.g.,

#+call:

Thanks for the contribution! -- Eric

ps. since I can be a bit OCD about these things, I made some aesthetic
indentation and reformatting changes to your elisp.