Re: [O] Illiterate programming question

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Illiterate programming question
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 01:46:45 -0400

Sean O'Halpin <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Sean O'Halpin <address@hidden> wrote:

...example elided...

> >> which doesn't look right to me.
> >>

> > What should it look like?
> >
> > Nick
> >
> To be honest, I don't know what it /should/ look like but I have ':comments
> yes'
> on three sections and get only one link on output, so I can't see how this
> would detangle properly.
>
> Also,
>
>     # [[][main]]
>
> is missing the file reference (in the first set of brackets), so it
> won't work as a link.

Yes, it does look unlikely. I don't know about the other comments (line
numbers, etc.) but at least the link calculation in
org-babel-tangle-collect-blocks is wrong I believe: it uses
org-store-link to supposedly store a link to the current location on the
global org-stored-links stack and then pops it, takes the car of it and
sanitizes text properties of the result: that then becomes the link that
should be stored in the tangled file.

But it seems that org-store-link does not behave this way when called
non-interactively: I get nothing on the global stack. Instead it seems
to *return* the link as a string, which is then just thrown away.

One can argue that org-store-link is wrong to behave this way[fn:1]
but I will let Eric and Carsten fight it out :-)

Nick

Footnotes:

[fn:1] assuming that it *does* behave this way and I am not fooling
myself.